Invitations are not just paper – it’s the first thing your guests will see about your wedding story, whether they attend or not. But what happens to your invitation after the big day?
I’ve always looked at invitations as something to preserve – it’s a memory and a marking of your wedding day that beautifully illustrates you as a couple joining together; making it the perfect keepsake.
So how should you preserve your invitation?
- Frame it. It’s the simplest way for some chic artwork that is actually quite significant to you. It not only looks fabulous, it’s a conversation piece that could very well stick around for generations to come.
- Canvas it. We love art canvases so why not take a piece of your invitations and flip it into one? It’s custom artwork that plays two roles in your life.
- Plexi-glass it. I’ve done this a few times for several couples, especially those who create fashion illustrations as the cover of their invitation. Like Canvas it’s custom art for your new home but the cool thing with plexiglass is that it’s lightweight and clear, so it enhances your design and it looks super cool when it’s backlit!
- Decoupage it. Decoupage will use your invitation and envelope lining to create a plate that is truly personalized on any piece of furniture or material – it’s a fabulous gift for your parents and in-laws!
- Add a Silver touch. For the brides and grooms who came under budget and are looking for a little bit of a
splurgeinvestment you can have your invitation engraved on in silver – perhaps a nice tray that becomes a family heirloom!
Any other ideas? Comment below and tell us how you made your invitation into a special keepsake piece!